Experimenting Kawa with Gcj is not working

Hello,

 I have started an experimenting of Kawa with Gcj.
I have simple HelloWorld scheme file

(define (main . args)
    (display "Hello World"))

and and convert it to .class file with this command

kawa --main -C hello.scm

Here when I try to  run this java class file with gij or Kaffe java on
Linux,

gij hello
java hello

I am not getting any output ("Hello World"). But I am getting output
when I load hello.class and invoke main method in Kawa  interpreter
mode.

I continue to experiment by generating executable from java.class with
gckawa

gckawa --main=hello hello.class -o hello

and run the application (hello)

hello

again I am got getting any output. I am using gjc 3.2.1 and latest Kawa
on Redhat Linux 7.3. Is there anything I am doing wrong and missing
something?

Best Regards

Erol Akarsu