Re: Having an embedded kawa respond to http requests

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:08:35 -0000
Niall Dalton <ndalton at Lastminute dot com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just started playing with Kawa yesterday, and am very happy with it!
> I embedded in an application, and had it listen for telnet connections
> on a certain port so that I could interact with the application via
> Kawa, execute methods on my main data structure and so on.
>
> Now, I've had a request to support http requests where the request
> essentially contains the method to call and the parameters. Does anyone
> have a suggestion on the easiest way to do this? Has someone written
> something like the telnet handling code for http?

In my opinion, you will quickly want to be able to format your results as HTML web-pages, etc...

--> embed as well a Servlet engine in your application...maybe this one: http://jetty.mortbay.com/jetty/index.html

> Thanks!
> niall

> This e-mail is intended for the named addressee only.  It may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If you have received this message in error, please let us know and then delete this message from your system.  You should not copy the message, use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to anyone.

> http://www.star.net.uk

Stanislas Pinte

Computer Consultant

	98, rue Bois l'Evêque