Re: More tagbody

"Are Meisfjord" <are at meisfjord dot com> writes:

> The set! is there simply because it is in the original example from
> Franz (incf val 16). I don't know why they put it in there as it will
> never be reached during execution, as you noticed.

They put it in to illustrate that code following "go" will never be
reached.  A more realistic example might be

(if expr (go somewhere))
(set! val 42)

For this, you could rewrite "somewhere" to be a procedure and do
(if expr
    (somewhere)
    (set! val 42))

No need for tags, continuations, etc.

--
<brlewis at [(if (brl-related? message)    ; Bruce R. Lewis
              "users.sourceforge.net"   ; http://brl.codesimply.net/