Re: invoke-static

Per Bothner wrote:
Perhaps a better model is that the actual source file are
the .java files that may depend on Java 2 features, but
I provide a patch file to remove Java 2 dependencies.

I implemented an experimental but I think better approach to this solution. The file gnu/bytecode/ObjectType.java contains both the Java2 version, and the Java1 version commented-out. The top-level makefile has new rules 'select-java1' and 'select-java2' to switch between the two versions.

This approach makes it easy to keep the versions in sync,
without having to maintain a patch file.  A disadvantage is
that select-java1 does depend on a Unix-like environment,
including make, find, grep, and sed.  It should be possible
to create Ant rules that do something equivalent.

What do people think of this solution?
per at bothner dot com   http://per.bothner.com/