Re: invoke and mangling?

Chris Dean wrote:
Hmm, I now think it should not use the reversible mapping that
manglenameIfNeeded uses.  Or perhaps it should be configurable with a
command line option.  It certainly works nicer with Java code if we use
the non-reversible mapping.

The problem is isn't not reversible ...

I may have been too quick.  The *field* names need to be
reversible.  If you require a class, then Kawa imports all the
public fields, and it somtimes needs to reverse the mapping to get
a Scheme name from the Java field name.  (If the field is constant
with a value that implements Named, then it gets the name using
getname() instead.)  (There are alternative solutions, of course.
For example we could use field Attributes.)

However, method names are supposed to use the non-reversible mapping
- at least we've done up to now.