Re: Error messages during load of .scm file

Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> writes:

> The attached patch appears to fix the problem.  It's actually
> a simplification and optimization, and I'm a little nervous about
> such a change just before the 1.7 release.

I can certainly sympathize with the dilemma.  You don't want to leave
out something that fixes a VerifyError, but what might it break?

I applied this patch to the latest CVS sources, ran Kawa's testsuite
(didn't examine the logs; just saw no errors), compiled the upcoming BRL
2.2.0 against it, passed BRL's test suite, installed it on brlewis.com
and tried some of my demos there.  So far no problems.

I think other heavy users of Kawa should take the patch and try it out.

Per, when are you shooting for release 1.7.0?  I plan on releasing BRL
2.2.0 shortly thereafter.  If I have another week, I might just pile
some more features in.

--
<brlewis@[(if (brl-related? message)    ; Bruce R. Lewis
              "users.sourceforge.net"   ; http://brl.codesimply.net/