Re: OutOfMemoryError

Sven Hartrumpf wrote:

All my bugs are solved so far. Thanks Per!
However my program quickly stops with a
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError.

Hm. It's possible you just have a very big data-set. But more likely there some bug causing it to either allocate or retain too much memory. I do know that I need to go over how NamespaceResolver interacts with TreeList, but I don't think that's what you're seeing. More likely some data tructure just keeps growing.

But how to track the problem down?  Anyone know of
any good tools to debug memory usage?  Just something
that tells us how many objects of different classes
are live would be helpful, but th culprit may well
be some array.