Re: Kawa 1.7 looks good.

Jim White wrote:

Things have been quite on the list. Looks like 1.7 is pretty solid.

What do you see as areas that need focus for the next steps?

Number of issues I'm considering: * Working on the tail-calling supporting calling convention, so it is more efficient, is documented (so there is an API for writing Kawa/Qexo-callable Java methods), and perhaps supports call/cc and generic methods. * Completing support for XQuery Path expressions, in a clean way so people can plug in optimizations. * Nicer parameter and input() support. * Working on the GUI framework I sketched out in gnu/kawa/slib/GUI.scm, but with better model/view separation, and including tranformation. * Documentation, support, getting more contributors, getting more publicity, getting more money, etc etc.

Are you doing anything with JSR-225 (XQuery API for Java)?

I've nominated myself, so we'll see.

Oh, back when you mentioned about having Bugzilla running be nice but not having time, I went to SF.net and found that kawa.sf.net was already registered but abandoned. I had SF.net turn control of it over to me, so we can now use it for Kawa support as needed.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kawa/

I prefer to not tie myself to SourceForge. Remember than Kawa and Qexo are GNU projects, and SourceForge is a commercial site. I'd rather use savannah.gnu.org, but I don't know if they support bugzilla. (Savannah is based on the SourceForge code.) -- --Per Bothner per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/