Re: Kawa 1.7 looks good.

Per Bothner wrote:
* Working on the GUI framework I sketched out in gnu/kawa/slib/GUI.scm,
but with better model/view separation, and including tranformation.

I'm involved with some Java GUI efforts myself. One of the more intriguing things about Kawa is the potential of JEmacs to leverage all that elisp code out there.

The next thing I have on my list to get together for Kawa is good Ant and scripting (BSF) support. Especially a "kawac" compiling task that does some dependency checking (Jocelyn Paine's .scm dependency analyzer will help there).

Are you doing anything with JSR-225 (XQuery API for Java)?

I've nominated myself, so we'll see.

Excellent. If there's a way for me to vote for you, let me know!

I prefer to not tie myself to SourceForge.  Remember than Kawa and Qexo
are GNU projects, and SourceForge is a commercial site.  I'd rather use
savannah.gnu.org, but I don't know if they support bugzilla.  (Savannah
is based on the SourceForge code.)

Well, I don't see any negative's associated with using SourceForge for GPL projects. In fact it is a positive for there to be companies which have successful business models to underwrite free software. Amonga great many other good projects, SF hosts JBoss.

But aside from that fact I'm not looking to have yet-another-account-and-login-to-keep-track-of, Savannah is just dandy. And yes it includes Bugzilla support (as you say, it uses SF's code).

And I just checked and Kawa is already registered there and you administer it:

http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/kawa

So if you put link from Kawa's home page to Kawa's Savannah project page and go to admin page to enable the bug tracker, then we're all set!

Jim
--
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams