Low-level access to Java objects - Instantiating Objects

Hi,

maybe I'll start with a brief background on what I'm trying to accomplish before getting to the question I have.

I am extending our build, configuration and test system currently based on Guile (and customized version of greg, etc.) into the Java space. I have had a good experience with Jython, which allows Python scripts to be run in the JVM with direct access to Java objects. I plan on using kawa in a similar fashion. Now the question.

I have been testing with the invoke-static/invoke methods for low-level access to Java objects and although I can call class and instance methods I'm in the dark on how to instantiate a Java object from kawa.

In Jython, I can do the following:

import javax.swing as swing // associates java package with a name
win = swing.JFrame("Hello") // calls the JFrame constructor
win.size = (200,200)
win.show

Ok, that wouldn't work the same way in kawa and one would translate the call: win.size = (200, 200) to setSize() but the real problem I have is that I have not figured out how to actually construct the win object.

Could somebody enlighten me?

Regards

roland