Re: Problems building Kawa with gcj

Will Newton wrote:

I was not aware that PIC was required for dynamic libs on x86. Is this a requirement of gcj?

I thought by "disabling PIC" you meant building static libraries. In practice, you presumably want PIC for shared libraries.

I ran libtoolize -f, copied in the libtool.m4 from libtool 1.5, deleted libtool in the kawa root dir and I reran configure.

It now compiles OK. The distributed files just don't work for me from the kawa 1.7 tarball, I'm not sure why. Maybe the files from libtool 1.5 could be used?

Yes, now that 1.5 is out I should try it. Of course it's been pulled from ftp.gnu.org and its mirrors (because of the recently-discovered break-in), so it's hard to get a copy of it! -- --Per Bothner per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/