Re: Scripting business logic using kawa/scheme

Bruce Lewis wrote:
"Bhinderwala, Shoeb" <SBhinderwala@wellington.com> writes:

What would be the advantages of kawa/scheme over other scripting languages
that also integrate with Java like JPython (based on Python) and Jacl (based
on Tcl).

Advantages of Scheme:

1. You don't have to train your users in operator precedence.  Scheme
   expressions are unambiguous.

The use of macros in Scheme gives you all the advantages of Scheme without requiring changing the domain language to prefix notation.

Changing the language engine to something better (Kawa) does not necessarily mean changing the application code.

Jim
--
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams