Re: Inter-operating with Java lists

Bhinderwala, Shoeb <SBhinderwala@wellington.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestion. At first I did not understand the 'let'
> expression. I looked at the Scheme spec to see that you used the 'Named let'
> syntax.

That's right.  Kawa compiles letrec and named let very nicely.

> Does the '->' notation have any significance. Why has it been used
> here.

It's just a naming convention; the "->" characters are just normal
characters and are not any special syntax.  From R5RS:

    By convention, "`->'" appears within the names of procedures that
    take an object of one type and return an analogous object of another
    type.  For example, `list->vector' takes a list and returns a vector
    whose elements are the same as those of the list.

http://www.schemers.org/Documents/Standards/R5RS/HTML/r5rs-Z-H-4.html#%_sec_1.3.5

Regards,
Chris Dean