RE: Programming environment + kawa question

> I just use XEmacs.

As almost everybody else on the list. It's good to have some moral
support one in a while ;-)

Maybe I should consider packaging my own elisp code and my Kawa compiler
front-end to get feedback from you guys. If only I had more spare
time...

> I've taken a look at Eclipse, mainly for developing Kawa itself.
> It would be nice to have a "Kawa plugin" for Eclipse, but of course
> that's a non-trivial project.  However, something useful (like setting
> breakpoints in compiled Scheme code) might not be mush work.
>
> We need to get somebody who knows Eclipse internals excited about
Kawa!

Too bad. I'm really excited about Kawa, but I don't know the Eclipse
internals very much... And my current job doesn't give me lots of spare
time to work on such projects.

The big part, IMO, would be to get a decent Scheme editor.

> The big piece of Kawa development I'm currently struggling with is
> supporting mutually referential modules, focusing on XQuery.  In my
> working code compile_to_files is gone, because I need to interleave
> compiling a set of modules.
>
> So I suggest you just hack the source code somehow for your internal
> needs - for example by copying compile_to_files, and don't worry
> about a clean or official solution until my module code stabilizes.

That's fine with me. In fact, I will just replicate the code in my own
module. (I hate to do that, but if it's the only way to do it, then
fine.)

Thanks a lot!

Dominique