kawa in debian?

Hi.  Could Kawa be added to Debian GNU/Linux?

I do portability regression testing of one of my Scheme packages under
about a dozen Scheme dialects, only 4 of which are not in Debian.

My latest manual install of Kawa (1.7.90) now hits a bytecode verifier
error during my test suite, which I suspect is due to a configuration
problem involving the myriad Java VMs, compilers, and class libraries
installed on my Debian boxes.  Unfortunately, I have *zero* time to
debug the configuration mess, and have to drop Kawa as a tested dialect
for the release I'm doing tonight.

What I'd need to continue/resume supporting Kawa as a tested dialect for
my Scheme package would be for it to be in Debian, so that I can say
"apt-get install kawa" to have Kawa properly installed and configured.

If someone is interested in becoming a Debian "maintainer" for Kawa,
that'd be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Neil

--