Re: Portable Syntax Case

Adam Warner wrote:

There is a licensing issue with the mzscheme implementation:
<http://www.plt-scheme.org/license/>. Incorporating the code could
require you to follow the terms of the LGPL without exception; in
particular you may no longer be able to grant the ability to use and
redistribute unmodified versions of Kawa without restriction. Let me
know if this is reason enough to consider other options.

No, we cannot use the mzscheme code. What I was more thinking was that the mzscheme documentation may be helpful for the design.

What I would like to do is that the existing code for SyntaxRule.java,
SyntaxRules.java, and syntax_rules.java and "re-factor" it to implement
syntax-case and syntax.  There is already a start of an implementation
of syntax-case; implementing syntax shouldn't be too difficult, using
the existing syntax_case.java as a base.