difference between (load "package.foo.bar") and require?

Hi,

I'm running into several problems with load/require, .class and .jar files, and I'll try to post items separately.

It appears that
(load "package.misc.foo")
does not look into .jar files, and only loads .class files found in package/misc/foo[$frameN].class.

OTOH (require <package.misc.foo>) does look into .jar files.

But so far I haven't managed to load or require Scheme files compiled via --module-static -C *.scm from a .jar file:

There seems to be things going on which I don't understand, which appear like each require using its own namespace or something like that, so I get unbound variable errors when referencing one variable from another compiled .scm->class file.
I'll post more no this separate item later on.

Thanks for your help,
	Jorg Hohle.