RE: importing java packages

> > For example, not all class files are immediately written to
> disk. Kawa
> > resorts to registerShutdownHook to ensure that all ports
> are closed.
> > This means that sometimes you compile a file A to a .class,
> then you
> > try to compile B, which depends on A.
> > But the compilation
> > of B will fail since A.class has not been written yet, or
> it sees an
> > older version of A.class.
>
> Huh?  A .class file is written using the writeToFile method
> in ClassType.
> This closes the stream as soon it is written.

That was certainly a bad interpretation from my part, and the problem (*)
lies elsewhere.
(I admit that I have not spent a lot of time figuring out what was going
on.)
 Maybe Kawa does not read the new class file and keeps the old one.
In any case, I have to restart my  process to make the new B.class visible
Kawa.

Now I recall that the Type class maintains a table of all known types. So
can the problem
be that the table is not reinitialized between each compilation series?

(*) Well, it's not a problem with Kawa per se. But for what I'm trying to
do, Kawa does not
behave as I'd like.

Dominique