Re: redesigned kawa homepage

Marco VEZZOLI wrote:
Per Bothner wrote:
I testd it with Netscape 4.76 on Solaris 8 and IExplorer 6 on win2000 it
worked well.
Why not a logo contest? :)

I'm not sure I have a prize to give, but logo suggestions would be welcome.

IMHO a 'killer app' does more than a beautiful home page.
For example I would be happy to hack in elisp or scheme on eclipse
instead of learn the plugin framework: I think it will be easier.
A web service framework can be interesting too: most of the pieces are
there (Servlet compilation, XML output etc.) maybe a tutorial can help.

The Kawa web page is primarily reference information; there are examples, but little in the way of articles or tutorials. It does need that. The Qexo home page (http://www.gnu.org/software/qexo) does have more links to articles and tutorials, so in some ways it's better.

* Is there missing information?  People have suggested a wiki for
FAQs and other snippets of information, but that assumes a
volunteer to maintain/organize it, plus a suitable site.

Why not savannah.gnu.org ?

That is the logical place. However, I don't know if Savannah has a "wiki engine" that projects can use. If not, I assume the Savannah maintainers would be open to somebody installing one. -- --Per Bothner per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/