[Ann] Next meeting of the MSLUG

The next meeting of the Montreal Scheme/Lisp User Group will be on
Wednesday, September 28th.

Talk: Writing Emacs modes by Stefan Monnier.

I am going to present a kind of tutorial on how to write a major mode in
Emacs. I will start with the basic steps to create a new major mode, discuss
some of the coding conventions including what not to do, describe the
development environment, and dig deeper into the less trivial aspects such
as automatic indentation and interaction with an "inferior" process. I will
also talk about some "open" problems, such as highlighting of multi-line
constructs.

Stefan is an adjunct professor at the Université de Montréal and an Emacs
contributor and maintainer. Don't miss that talk!

More details on the Web page:

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~boucherd/mslug/mslug-home-en.html

Dominique Boucher
Montreal Scheme/Lisp User Group