Re: Kawa (re-)licensing

Bruce Lewis <brlewis@ALUM.MIT.EDU> writes:
> I'm not sure I understand this.  Could you give a fictitious example of a
> company that would want to negotiate a commercial license because of the
> current license, but wouldn't want to negotiate a commercial license if
> it were LGPLed?

If the company wanted to make changes to Kawa, then in the current
license that new code would be under GPL.  If the company didn't want
to use a GPL license they could negotiate with Per for a private
license.

If Kawa were under the LGPL, then the company could (under one
interpretation) just publish its changes to Kawa and not pay Per for a
private license.

Regards,
Chris Dean