kawa module experience?

The R6RS have put out SRFI-83, with a orposed "library" (i.e. module)
facility.  See http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-83/

In the thread starting with
http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-83/mail-archive/msg00002.html
I've been arguing in favor of having a single "library"
per "file":  Definitions of a library should be at top-level,
as in Kawa, rather than nested inside a (library ...) form.

However, I haven't written really large Scheme source collections.
Some of you have large collections of Scheme files, and
presumably written as collections of Kawa modules.  Perhaps
you have relevant experience would could share with the
SRFI-83 list (srfi-83@srfi.schemers.org)?  What would you
like in a module system?  What has worked for you and what is
awkward?  How do you organize 100s of modules?