Re: Sharing in Kawa

Shachar Rubinstein wrote:
I’m looking at a part of the heap reachable from a
method’s formal parameters, including the this
pointer, (local heap) and searching for objects who
are shared from outside the local heap (cutpoints For
exact definitions please check out N. Rinetzky, J.
Bauer, T. Reps, M. Sagiv, and R. Wilhelm. A semantics
for procedure local heaps and its abstractions). The
purpose is to find erroneous sharing.

Running Kawa to compile the test.scm example program
resulted in many repeating cutpoints. After looking at
the source I’ve found out that ‘Literal’s are shared
by the LitTable.staticTable and ‘IntNum’s are shared
by IntNum. smallFixNums, but there are many more
(appearing in the list at the end). I’m not sure why,
as they are all reachable from gnu.expr.Compilation.
Who else might reference these objects when working on
them through gnu.expr.Compilation?

Not sure what your question is. I fear that understanding your project (including the paper you quote) would take more time than I can spare. Perhaps you could rephrase your question in simpler terms, without requiring that I find a read external papers?

I gather your work can help helpful in finding memory leaks
There have been some memory leaks; I have recently fixed some,
so you might want to make sure to use a recent SVN version.