Re: cell phone support?

Szabolcs Szucs wrote:
Is there any possibility to use Kawa with my Nokia 9500?

It depends: (1) What kind of Java does it run: Java ME or Java SE? If it is Java ME (which seems most likely), then the problem is that as far as I know no-one has attempted to port Kawa to Java ME. I don't know enough about Java ME to know how difficult that would be. (2) How much memory is available? Kawa is not a small application, and a cell-phone may not have enough memory. It may be possible to slim down Kawa - for example leaving out the "compiler", but again I don't have any experience with that. (The same problem arises with applets, though there it isn't memory, but download time that is the issue.)

So while I'm sure it is *possible* and maybe even worthwhile,
I'm guessing it would be more than a weekend project to get it
to work.  But I don't really know.