Re: Which kawa versions actually use java-1.5 features?

On 14/02/2008, Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> wrote:
>  Kawa doesn't make heavy use of Java 5 functionality.
>  Mainly some internal classes are made compatible with
>  Java classes or interfaces where it makes sense - for
>  example java.lang.Appendable.  Or using the new valueOf
>  methods, or StringBuilder rather than StringBuffer.

Aha.

Ok, that gives me what I need to know - I'll backport the java5 option
to the 1.9.1 ebuild.

I hope to be able to support building with gcj soon... that's gonna
have to wait until gcc4.3 gets released though, i've gotten stung
enough with toolchain snapshots.

Ah, also... any chance you could fix html doc building in the future?

Cheers!
Leo