Re: Feature proposal: Kawa socket procedures

On 12/29/2009 12:30 AM, Andrea Girotto wrote:
Could tell me more about why you need to call setAccessible?

I use Kawa most in an interactive way (I know that it is
compiler-oriented, but I prefer the interactive, at least during
development... :-))

Kawa compiles code even in interactive mode, so it tries to resolve the method at compile-time - assuming it has the needed type-information.

and - calling the Java socket API  - I faced the
problem described here (java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class
gnu.expr.PrimProcedure can not access a member of class foo with
modifiers "public"):

I wonder: If Kawa grabs the methods using Class#getMethods rather than Class#getDeclaredMethods would that yield Method objects that don't cause the IllegalAccessException?

If so, that might be a cleaner solution.

Please give me (some :-)) time to see Aaron Hsu's library.
A full Scheme-portable library would be the best.

Right, but not essential: A more convenient/or elegant API that allows easier and more concise applications may be preferable, even if it depends on features or syntax that are Kawa-specific. -- --Per Bothner per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/