Re: Compile error

On 07/02/2010 02:25 AM, alex mitchell wrote:
Yes, that seems to be the source of the problem. If I do a
  ./configure --disable-xml
  make clean
  make

it compiles successfully.

The problem is that --enable-xml is supposed to be the default.

I had the same problem in one of my trees, and it looks like the
problem was a stale patch-source-list.  Just remove that, and
re-configure.

To avoid these problems, it might be better to change the Makefile.am
to always generate the patch-source-list before do-preprocess, or
alternatively have it be removed by 'make clean'. After all,
it's fast enough to generate, and it is only needed when pre-processing,
typically only once per configure.

Deleting patch-source-list as part of 'make clean' might not be quite
right; it is included with the distribution - but perhaps that isn't
right either.