Re: Kawa regressions since 1.9.90?

On 10/01/2010 03:00 PM, Jamison Hope wrote:
I just tried rebuilding some code with the latest Kawa from SVN which I
had previously compiled using 1.9.90, and I now see a few
warnings/errors which I didn't see before:

One is of the form "warning - type integer is incompatible with required
type double" in statements such as (javax.vecmath.Vector3d -1.5 0 0).
Apparently Kawa forgot how to promote an int to a double?

No, the problem is when it can convert an (infinite-precision) integer to a double. The type of an integer literal is 'integer', which is implemented by gnu.math.IntNum. But where the context requires an 'int' or 'long' Kawa has to figure out what to do. And of course method overloading adds complications. So it's all a bit tricky.

I just checked in some changes which fix this problem and in general
should be an improvement.