Re: kawa goals

* Per Bothner [2010-10-14 07:27] writes:

> Actually, I was thinking about asking people for requests.
> I.e. if there was one or two improvements to Kawa you could vote
> for, what would they be?  For example we could work on: support for
> annotations; easier gui programming; improved R6RS compatibility; call/cc;
> persistence; database access; easier web programming; better
> type inference; sequence/iteration APIs; Scala-like "views"; data
> binding; string template syntax; etc etc.

Out of those: iteration.  At least something like Common Lisp's LOOP or
ITERATE.  Ideally something like SERIES[1] (with loop fusion for nested
series expressions) combined with a terse comprehension syntax for the
common case (i.e. map+filter+reduce).

In general, make Kawa more "friendly", e.g. add doc-strings, make it
easy to find the source file of functions, add an object inspector etc.

[OTOH, to become "rich and famous" you should probably do something
related to parallelism and/or cluster/cloud computing :-)]

Helmut

[1] http://series.sourceforge.net/