Re: Kawa on Android - problems with kawa.standard.Scheme

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:20:29AM -0800, Per Bothner wrote:
> It's possible (in fact likely) the problem isn't the actual Path,
> but one of the classes referenced by Path.

I think I found the problem, the reason for the crash is twofold:
- The class javax.tools.FileObject does not exist on Android.
  This can be fixed by commenting out line 13 in Path.java or probably
  also by correctly setting --with-java-source=5 for ./configure
- The three static fields makePathProc, makeFilepathProc and
  makeURIProc in LangObjType.java throw exceptions in their
  initializers. If all three of them are set to = null (instead of new
  PrimProcedure(..)), the class can successfully be loaded.

I am not sure on how to fix the second problem permanently, I tried
initializing the fields lazily in the constructor of LangObjType, but
that also raises an exception. It seems there's a general problem with
PrimProcedure.

Hope this helps, please tell me how I can help further :)

Peter