Re: Kawa on Android - unable to use 'for-each' form

On 03/18/2011 06:29 PM, Benny Tsai wrote:
Hi Per,

After reading your responses, I downloaded Android SDK r6 and Android
Platform 2.2 to make my environment a closer match to yours.  Also
downloaded Kawa source rev. 6931 and re-built kawa.jar.  I then
created a new test project from scratch as per the steps on your 2010
"Hello world" blog post.  Still no joy on both of my problems,
unfortunately:

- Still get the same error when using the "text:" keyword.
- Still cannot compile the test activity with 'for-each' form.

Just out of curiosity, what is your Ant version?

Apache Ant version 1.7.1 compiled on April 16 2010

If you have access to a Windows system, could you give it a go and see
if you run into either of my issues?

I have access to a Windows machines, but it would be a pain installing everything. When I get a new laptop I'll try to install a Windows VirtualBox setup, but my current laptop is a bit underpowered for that.

What I did do is make a fresh tar of the sources which you can get from
http://per.bothner.com/tmp/kawa-1.11.1.tar.gz
I uses this tarball, extracted into a fresh directory, and built it using ant,
and uses this to test the attached hello.scm, using the attached build.xml.
Perhaps you could try using that tarfile.

I suspect your problem is somehow you're getting an old version of Kawa.
Check the libs directory and build.xml and CLASSPATH - again ...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project name="KawaHello2" default="help">

    <!-- The local.properties file is created and updated by the 'android' tool.
         It contains the path to the SDK. It should *NOT* be checked in in Version
         Control Systems. -->
    <property file="local.properties" />

    <!-- The build.properties file can be created by you and is never touched
         by the 'android' tool. This is the place to change some of the default property values
         used by the Ant rules.
         Here are some properties you may want to change/update:

         application.package
             the name of your application package as defined in the manifest. Used by the
             'uninstall' rule.
         source.dir
             the name of the source directory. Default is 'src'.
         out.dir
             the name of the output directory. Default is 'bin'.

         Properties related to the SDK location or the project target should be updated
          using the 'android' tool with the 'update' action.

         This file is an integral part of the build system for your application and
         should be checked in in Version Control Systems.

         -->
    <property file="build.properties" />

    <!-- The default.properties file is created and updated by the 'android' tool, as well
         as ADT.
         This file is an integral part of the build system for your application and
         should be checked in in Version Control Systems. -->
    <property file="default.properties" />

    <!-- Custom Android task to deal with the project target, and import the proper rules.
         This requires ant 1.6.0 or above. -->
    <path id="android.antlibs">
        <pathelement path="${sdk.dir}/tools/lib/anttasks.jar" />
        <pathelement path="${sdk.dir}/tools/lib/sdklib.jar" />
        <pathelement path="${sdk.dir}/tools/lib/androidprefs.jar" />
        <pathelement path="${sdk.dir}/tools/lib/apkbuilder.jar" />
        <pathelement path="${sdk.dir}/tools/lib/jarutils.jar" />
    </path>

    <taskdef name="setup"
        classname="com.android.ant.SetupTask"
        classpathref="android.antlibs" />

    <!-- Execute the Android Setup task that will setup some properties specific to the target,
         and import the build rules files.

         The rules file is imported from
            <SDK>/platforms/<target_platform>/templates/android_rules.xml

         To customize some build steps for your project:
         - copy the content of the main node <project> from android_rules.xml
         - paste it in this build.xml below the <setup /> task.
         - disable the import by changing the setup task below to <setup import="false" />

         This will ensure that the properties are setup correctly but that your customized
         build steps are used.
    -->
    <setup />

   <target name="-dex" depends="compile,scompile">
     <dex-helper />
   </target>

   <!-- Compile this project's .scm files into .class files. -->
    <target name="scompile" depends="-resource-src, -aidl">
      <java failonerror="true" fork="true" classname="kawa.repl">
	<classpath>
	  <pathelement path="/tmp/kawa-1.11/kawa-1.11.jar"/>
	  <pathelement path="${sdk.dir}/platforms/${target}/android.jar"/>
          <pathelement path="${out.classes.absolute.dir}"/>
	</classpath>
       <arg value="-d"/> <arg path="${out.classes.absolute.dir}"/>
       <arg line="-P kawa.android. --warn-undefined-variable --module-static-run --warn-invoke-unknown-method --warn-as-error"/>
       <arg value="-C"/>
       <arg file="src/kawa/android/hello.scm"/>
<!--       <fileset dir=".">
         <include name="**/*.scm"/>
       </fileset>
-->