Re: require

On 11/29/2011 02:32 PM, John Smith wrote:
The documentation for the 'require' procedure http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Module-classes.html#id2713762 states that either a Java class name or a quoted feature name is required as the argument.

I have been able to use a file system path (eg "/home/john/test.scm") as an argument (in release 1.11).

This is documented in the "source" for generating the manual: doc/kawa.texi.
I'm afraid I haven't updated the webpage, because I haven't made an official
release since a year ago. I should really do that - but the main thing holding
it up is updating the manual! At the very least I want to update the manual
to properly document the new features mentioned in the news page:
http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/news.html

Does the documentation assume the reader is an experienced Scheme programmer?

The documentation is not self-contained, though my goal is to make it so. For now, I could recommend reading R5RS and/or a Scheme tutorial.

I'm working on making the documentation self-contained, so you should not need
to reference RxRS or other documents, at least for the core parts. But this
is a work-in-progress. The intention that this be a reference manual, though
readable by a sufficiently motivated person experienced with programming
but not necessarily Scheme.

I've also started on a tutorial  This is woefully incomplete, but if curious
you see what I have here: http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/tutorial/