Re: Parameterizing on incomplete types

On Dec 2, 2011, at 2:48 AM, Per Bothner wrote:

I checked in a patch that effectively special-cases Object.
(Specifically, I added an "optimization" is ClassType#isSubclass.)
So we no longer get that error - now we just have to deal with

<string>:1:1: missing implementation for java.lang.Comparable.compareTo(T)int

That patch works for parameterizations like <T> (which is really <T extends Object>),
but not the general case where the type could have some other restriction
(e.g. <T extends java.util.List>).

How ambitious are you about getting into Deep Kawa Stuff? :-)

Sounds awesome, let's do it.. um, how?

There are 2 parts, I think - (1) moving the type comparison from BracketApply to
a later compilation stage, and (2) determining and injecting appropriate bridge
methods. I have a vague notion of how someone might do #1. Not so much for #2..

-Jamie

--
Jamison Hope
The PTR Group