Re: Android REPL - add* syntax-sugar not available in constructor

Per Bothner wrote:

> On 01/31/2012 06:55 PM, teyc wrote:
>>

>> Per Bothner wrote:
>>>
>>> However, it should be doable to use java.lang.reflect.Proxy, as long as
>>> the
>>> requested type is an interface (rather than an abstract class).  The
>>> idea would be to write a utility class ProcedureInvocationHandler that
>>> implements
>>> InvocationHandler by calling applyN on the procedure.
>>>

>> That did the trick, and I now have the following working. It reads like
>> Java
>> :(
>
> That's an improvement, but I was thinking the compiler would generate the
> Proxy automatically. And so I want ahead and implemented that ...
>
> I'm hoping this might now work:
>
> (*activity*:runOnUiThread
>    (lambda ()
>      (let
>        ((button  (Button *activity*
>                   text: "Push Me"
>                   on-click-listener: (lambda (v) ...))))
>        (*activity*:setContentView button))))
>
> Please try it.
>
> You might find these articles provide ideas:
>
> http://per.bothner.com/blog/2011/JavaFX-using-Kawa-intro/
> http://per.bothner.com/blog/2011/JavaFX-using-Kawa-animation/
>
> These are for JavaFX 2.0, not Android, but using Kawa in similar ways.
> --
> 	--Per Bothner
> per@bothner.com   http://per.bothner.com/

Works on Java, doesn't work on Dalvik.

(define x (kawa.android.SomeWidget some-listener: (lambda (x) (display x)))
/dev/stdin:9:52: this expression must be compiled, but compiler is
unavailable

I'll try to revert back to using switches for alwaysCompile etc and see if I
could reproduce the issue on Java, as it is a pain to debug/troubleshoot on
Android. (Perhaps I might be able to fire up the debugger on Eclipse)