Re: getting close to Kawa 1.12

On Feb 4, 2012, at 12:35 AM, Per Bothner wrote:

On 02/03/2012 08:20 AM, Jamison Hope wrote:
My possibly-significant local changes consist of:

implementing bridge methods
? testsuite/bridge.scm
M 7156 gnu/expr/ClassExp.java

OK, I found the patches, but there were multiple messages back and forth, so to be safe could you re-send the latest version of the patch and test?

Attached.

a fix to make srfi13's string-contains work
M 7156 gnu/kawa/slib/srfi13.scm

I'm not sure what the correct patch is; it seems your original patch (before checking on the srfi-13 mailing list) was wrong, and it's unclear what we should do

Well, it was only wrong in the sense that our implementation of the let-optionals* macro does not entirely conform to Olin's (since I wrote it without knowing where to find an actual specification for it). The patch did lead to correct behavior of string-contains, though. In the long run, I'd like to just rewrite srfi-13 to use Kawa's #!optional form and drop the macro altogether, but I haven't had a chance to work on that.

For now, I went back and changed let-optionals*. The attached version
should work (at least it does in my limited testing -- anyone who
would like to submit actual test cases should feel free to do so).

an optimization to SetExp so that fields with ConstantValue attributes
(define-constant) aren't needlessly re-initialized in clinit
M 7156 gnu/expr/SetExp.java

I checked in the fix for this.

Excellent.

Look these over and let me know if I should make any other changes, and then I can write ChangeLog entries for them.

-Jamie

--
Jamison Hope
The PTR Group