Re: Kawa REPL past evaluation results

Hi Alcides!

On 27 April 2012 03:41, Alcides Flores Pineda <alcides.fp@gmail.com> wrote:
> I started using Kawa a few days ago, and after doing some work in the
> REPL, I'd like to know if we have any shortcut/symbol/variable to get
> the last evaluation results, ala *,**,*** in Common Lisp or like the
> $1,$2,$3 binding in Guile (with the history module) or the ^,^^,^^^ in
> Racket (with XREPL), or #1,#2,#3 in Chicken.

To my knowledge, no such mechanism exists yet. I don't think it would
be difficult to implement in repl.java (or similar). I have a partial
solution in that I use the 'rlwrap' utility when working at the REPL,
this doesn't handle multiline forms, but it's better than nothing.

This sort of feature (a history mechanism) is one of many interface
improvements I'd like to make to Kawa, but I haven't managed to make
time for them yet.

Cordially,
Charlie.