Re: Kawa 1.12 release candidate

On May 25, 2012, at 1:23 PM, Per Bothner wrote:

Also: Is anyone building Kawa on MacOS?

I am, on 10.5 and 10.6 with Apple's JDK 6 (haven't made the jump to Lion and Oracle's Java yet).

I usually use ant, but when I want to run all of the tests I'll use configure/make. On my own machine I have build.properties set up with enable-jemacs=true and enable-brl=true, but on other computers at work (all Mac or Linux boxes) I usually just use the defaults because the Kawa-backed applications I've written and deployed for various projects require only vanilla Kawa Scheme.

When I do use configure, I'll do something like

./configure --enable-kawa-frontend --enable-jemacs --enable-brl
make READLINE_INCLUDE_PATH=-I/opt/local/include READLINE_LIB_PATH=-L/ opt/local/lib

so that it picks up the libreadline from MacPorts.

-Jamie

--
Jamison Hope
The PTR Group