Re: CL not is not not?

On May 25, 2012, at 11:17 AM, Jamison Hope wrote:

Testcases are also also welcome if it's not too difficult
to write them.  For something like this using RunScriptTest might
be appropriate - see gnu/q2/testsuite for examples for Q2, and
the main testsuite for Scheme examples.  We might need to enhance
RunScriptTest for CommonLisp - I haven't tried that yet.

I'll play around with that a little. Looks like so far it only works with Scheme and Q2.

Currently, RunTestScript has

  String[] commentSyntaxTable = {
    "Scheme", ";;", "#|", "|#",
    "Q2", "#", null, null };

which it uses to determine the comment style(s) for a particular language.
We could easily enough add
"CommonLisp", ";;", "#|", "|#",

to it, but it makes me wonder if it makes sense for Language to have methods getLineCommentMarker(), getBlockCommentStartMarker(), and getBlockCommentEndMarker() instead. That way RunTestScript would work without further modification with CommonLisp, EmacsLisp, and whatever other Kawa languages come along in the future.

But I realize that those pieces are currently spread across several
classes (ReaderDispatch, ReadTable, LispReader, ...), so perhaps
it's more trouble than it's worth.

Would such a change be useful for anything else? A source code
generator, perhaps?

--
Jamison Hope
The PTR Group