Re: GSOC | Extending Common Lisp support

On 05/28/2012 04:06 AM, Helmut Eller wrote:
The main problem is that Kawa doesn't yet support packages (CL packages,
not Java packages).  Without packages, name collisions are more likely
or in other words: it's harder to safely refer to a global binding.
Kawa's namespace feature can perhaps be used/extended to implement
packages.

Kawa's symbol/namespace/environment functionality was designed to support
Common Lisp packages. See gnu.kawa.lispexpr.LispPackage. This code is
not currently used: so it needs to be hooked up to the reader and appropriate
library functions. And there are no doubt bugs and missing functionality.

Also, the property support in Environment.java is intended to support
Common Lisp property lists, but using a hash table instead.  Of course
there are complications is you want to seemlessly support fast hash
accessing *and* access the properties as a traditional list.  I had
some plans for synchronizing these, but I'd have to did a little
to figure it out.