Re: GSOC | Extending Common Lisp support

On 27 June 2012 09:26, Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> wrote:
> On 06/26/2012 02:47 PM, Per Bothner wrote:
>>
>> Perhaps we should re-implement Namespace so it extends
>> AbstractHashTable<SymbolRef, String, Symbol>.
>> In that case SymbolRef would have to extend ÂMap.Entry<String,Symbol>.
>
> Attached is a patch to do this. ÂWhat do you think?

I think the file is much easier to read now. A lot of package code
relied on adding things into the symbol table, but with this patch,
calls to AbstractHashTable#add which collide want to call setValue on
SymbolRef. It's not clear to me how to do that, and I note you've
thrown an UnsupportedException in such cases. Any pointers how to
proceed?

Charlie.