GSoC 2012: Complete!

Hello everybody,

[Cross posting to the main Kawa list because Charlie deserves
the recognition.]

Google Summer of Code 2012 is officially over! I just submitted
my final evaluation for Charles' project to work on Kawa's nascent
implementation of Common Lisp (he passed). I'd like to thank Per
for signing Kawa up for GSoC again, Helmut for helping me shepherd
Charles along, and Charles for putting in so much hard work this
summer. We're still in the process of getting his work checked
into the repository, but here's a partial list of what he's been
up to:

- the FLET form
- CL-style type declarations via DECLARE
- refactoring a whole bunch of stuff out of Scheme.java into
  LispLanguage.java and Language.java, which will help other
  non-Scheme languages (Kawa is a framework, right?) and not
  just CL
- Lisp packages
- a boatload of CL standard library functions

Great work, Charles, and congratulations!

Jamie

--
Jamison Hope
The PTR Group