Re: Generating arbitrary Java classes at run time with Kawa

On 11/09/2012 12:43 AM, Vladimir Tsichevski wrote:
I do not see any impenetrable obstacles here. The only thing I cannot do
with Kawa here still is to provide Java generics information in the
class files. So the class users will see in their IDEs, for example

public Set<SomeEntity> getSomeEntities();

instead of

public Set getSomeEntities();

Kawa does support generics to some extent. For example, compiling:

(define xx ::java.util.Set[integer] #!null)

produces a class file containing:

Field name: xx public static Signature: java.util.Set
Attribute "Signature", length:2
  "Ljava/util/Set<Lgnu/math/IntNum;>;"
Field name: $instance public static Signature: test

Note the Signature attribute.  That is also emitted for
functions.