Re: emacs CEDET auto-complete

Hello,

On Apr 17, 2013, at 5:13 AM, Chuah Teong Leong <teongleong@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to setup emacs for programming in kawa.
> Specifically I would like jump to definition and auto-complete
> functionality within emacs.
> CEDET seemed to be the way to go so it would be helpful if anyone can
> verify that cedet works with kawa or at least scheme.

I have never tried CEDET, so I can't help you there.  I have
successfully run kawa as an inferior process with slime and
xscheme, though, so that can work, at least.  Helmut, who
posts here occasionally, wrote the kawa interface to slime, so
he can probably tell you all about it.  I tried it, saw that
it worked (if I increased the Java stack size a bit), and then
promptly went back to whatever I was doing at the time.

> How do emacs users code when using kawa in general? I've just started
> picking up emacs and I started with gnu emacs.

While I do occasionally run kawa from within emacs, I usually
don't.  More often, I'm either writing a kawa module that I
intend to compile and call from Java, or I'm writing a kawa
script that launches a GUI.  In the former case, I'll edit the
file and then rebuild my entire project from a terminal, and
in the latter case I'll edit the file and then rerun the script,
again from a terminal.

(I'm sure I'll have to give up my Emacs Weenie card for
acknowledging that my host operating system is more than an
Emacs bootloader.)

As far as editing Scheme source code, check out paredit-mode.
It's occasionally annoying, but very nice for keeping your
parens balanced.

OK now everybody else who uses Emacs can chime in.

-Jamie

--
Jamison Hope
The PTR Group