Re: ((cadr lst) (car lst) (caddr lst)) Won't work

On 06/13/2013 03:23 AM, Charles Turner wrote:
I attach a patch that cleans up the error message.

I checked this in.  Thanks.

I was considering the same fix.  I also considered if we
should tweak getNamedType so it does subtyping - at least
optionally:  I.e. if we have a name "symbol" for
gnu.mapping.Symbol, and if a gnu.mapping.SimpleSymbol
extends gnu.mapping.SimpleSymbol, then perhaps we could
return "symbol" for gnu.mapping.SimpleSymbol if we don't
have a specific name for SimpleSymbol.

Two reasons I decided against this, at least for now:
(1) I couldn't think of an efficient algorithm.  The
best I could think of was an inefficient algorithm
combined with caching.
(2) It might sometimes yield a confusing or misleading
result.  Maybe.  Better safe than sorry.