Re: Kawa with Android Studio and Gradle

On 07/08/2013 07:54 AM, Marius Kjeldahl wrote:

When the gradle build script tries to package my application however, it
fails while running dx, and considering I haven't done much inside kawa
yet, it's somewhat cryptic to me. I'm sharing it here hoping to get some
hints if this is something related to kawa/java interrop has been
implemented in kawa, or any other hints on how to proceed.

I believe dx is the tool that translates standard .class/.jar files
into android .dex files.  It looks like dx doesn't like something
in the method lambda29formatReal$V in the Kawa library class
gnu/kawa/slib/printf$frame11.class.

It is possible that Kawa is generates something invalid.
It is also possible there is a bug/limitation in dx - it gets confused.

From the error message, I'm guessing a mismatch between an entry in
the LocalVariableTable and the bytecode instructions.  I looked at
the variable that have type 'boolean' and didn't see any obvious
problems, at least in their initial setting.  Before I look more
closely, can I verify that you're using the development version of Kawa
compiled from Subversion?  If not, could you please try that.