Re: last call for kawa 1.14

On 09/26/2013 07:06 PM, Matthieu Vachon wrote:
Hi Per,

I added two bug reports.

I think the first one deserves attention (#40122) before the release.
Maybe it's not a bug, but a feature, feel free to close it if it's the
case.

It's a feature: You can argue whether it's a good idea, and
there are certainly cases where things get more complicated,
but at least for now the feature stays.

The idea is the display is meant to print out numbers so they
are human-readable - and write prints them out so they are
computer-readable. Neither of which is the case if
(display 2) (display 3) produces "23". You can't meaningfully
create 23 by concatenating 2 and 3. Note the extra space is only
added between numbers (or other "atoms", like booleans and
symbols or characters when using write). If you don't want an
extra space, write a string between the numbers - even an
empty string will do:
(display 2) (display "") (display 3) ==> "23"

The second one (#40123) would be a nice to have in the release for me
but nothing that would be a deal-breaker in my opinion.

That was an embarrassing logic "oops" - fixed.