Re: glibc-2.0.93 homebrew distribution tests

hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu) writes:

> FYI, the currect egcs has PPro disabled since it is useless and buggy.
> But my PPro patch makes egcs to generate PPro codes. It seems to work
> fine for me.

This is not what I'm talking about.  Until recently gcc's for Intel
defined always the preprocessor macros for the platform it was built
for.  I.e., if I compile my gcc for i686 and then start it using

	gcc -mpentium

I would see __i586__ and __i686__ defined.  Richard and I fixed this
problem perhaps a month ago in the egcs development branch.  All other
gcc versions are broken.

-- Uli