Re: glibc-2.0.95 causes ls -al & ps -aux to segfault.

hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu) writes:

> That is not true. Under glibc, even the static binaries may use
> the shared nss modules. Personally, I think it is bad since a static
> binary may not be truly static.

Static binaries should not be used at all.  I know this limitation
exist but having a different behaviour for them (means, not using NSS
in them) is most undesirable.

While installing glibc 2.1 we'll not remove the old nss modules.  This
is left ot the system manager which could use the information from rpm
or dpkg to see whether anything is using the modules.