Re: glibc 2.0.96

On 20 Sep 1998, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've uploaded to
>
> 	ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu
>
> the nest pre-release for glibc 2.1.  There are the files
>
> 	glibc-2.0.96.tar.gz
> 	glibc-crypt-2.0.96.tar.gz
> 	glibc-linuxthreads-2.0.96.tar.gz
>
> Please tell me whether it is working for you or not.

linux 2.1.122, egcs cvs snapshot from sept 19...
compiles fine with no errors. make check is fubar'd with internal compiler
errors on some floating point stuff... Goes for about 10 seconds :).
The usual libstdc++ problems, rebuilt egcs from (newer) cvs again and
works fine but groff is still hosed for some reason. Good thing I've got a
lot of info pages.

Also, the install was smoother than the 2.0.95...

--
     | by-tor@by-tor.bitchx.com | UNIX _is_ user-friendly. It's just not |