Re: va_dcl

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998 00:10:12 -0500, "Jack Howarth" wrote:
>Daniel,
>   I don't doubt that xfig and xbl could be using an old non-standard vararg u
>sage
>however I was able to get both of them compiled by simply undefining the XOPEN
>_SOURCE
>environmental. I did note that _XOPEN_SOURCE was being set to 500 which in the
>features.h header sets _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED and _USE_UNIX98 which suggests t
>o me
>it may cause problems for old varargs syntax usage.

The problem with that theory is that varargs.h is provided by egcs
and doesn't talk to features.h at all.  That means the bug must be
an interaction between one of the other headers included by your
problematic source file, and old varargs.  And that would be a glibc
bug.

If you can narrow down a source file that compiles correctly without
-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 and fails with then I'll look at it and see if I
can find the problem. The test case you're looking for is one varargs
function plus an include of varargs.h and an include of at least one
other header file.

Also, it occurs to me that the X11 headers may be involved here.  If
you comment out the X11 includes in the original source file and
compile with -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 put back, does *the original problem*
go away?  (You will get new errors by doing this, of course; ignore
'em.)

zw